Friday, April 6, 2012

Table Topper Center

I'm still working on my Easter table topper, and I've changed the center, as promised. Instead of the cute bunny that Amanda used on hers, I decided to make a basket with more of the lovely eggs from Flora charms.

Here is what it looks like now:


I must apologize for the yellow tint to the photo....had to take it inside, since a thunderstorm was booming outside. Most inconsiderate of Mother Nature, but it couldn't be helped. Sigh.

I made a template just a little bit smaller than the eggs on the dresden wedges, so that they wouldn't overpower the little basket.
Here is a closer peek at it:


Here's the little egg in front, with more decorative stitches, like on the large eggs:


I'm working on quilting the topper, and then I'll decide whether to use a traditional binding, or use a facing as Amanda did on her blog.

I'm not sure which way to go --- those scallops could be tricky with binding, and the facing may be the easiest way to finish!

More progress to show you soon!

Love,

9 comments:

  1. Very lovely! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute way to change it up .... love it
    Happy Easter
    In stitches
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Snoodles! It's looking wonderful. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your center is just so fun and perfect for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!!! Happy Easter =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the change you made to the center. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)