Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Finished!

I wanted to share my finished table topper with you . . . this one took a while, but I love it. I began this for Sunni's Farmers Wife in Your Life blog hop, and I thoroughly enjoyed making the squares and designing a home for them. 


I used the fabrics from the Butterfly in the Crossroads squares (I've heard from some quilters that this is also called the Tulip block) for the scrappy binding.  


I prefer a narrow binding on my toppers, so I cut the fabric strips just 1.5 inches wide. I know, some of you are gasping at my maverick ways, but I do use a single thickness of fabric on some toppers, since no one will be pulling it over them and snuggling . . . I figure they don't have to be quite as durable. It makes for a nice, narrow edge, and I think the color changes add something to the topper.


I have some other projects started, and I hope to show you some peeks soon. Till then, hope you find some time to sew - and if you need more fabrics or supplies, please visit our lovely sponsors!
I'm linking up today with the Shady Porch linky party, and with Katherine's Corner and Margaret at The World as I See It. for the Thursday Favorite Things linkup!
I'm also linking up with the Thursday Think Tank at Making Rebecca Lynne!
Love,


15 comments:

  1. really like your new table topper!!! I am rearranging our dinning spaces and have a table to top...maybe this will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty table topper - I really like how the border is done.

    Im a new Google Connect Friend from Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner.

    Have a great day!

    Yona from Yona Writes
    http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really turned out nicely. I do like the binding color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacque, nice job on your table topper. Nothing unusual about a narrow binding. I always let my piece tell me how wide the binding should be, but on small pieces I usually always do a narrow single layer binding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable!!! The colors are perfect for spring. I love scrappy binding...great choice =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a wonderful finish. I think the multi colored border really was the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty...love those little blocks. It's always nice to finish a project. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is lovely! Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a pretty spring table topper! I love the colors! I like the colorful border too. Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it! xo Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things hop I hope you have a weekend filled with happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your topper is really beautiful! I like narrow bindings on some things to.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)