Monday, April 9, 2012

Right Down to the Wire!

Well, Easter Sunday found me with my roast chicken and sides percolating happily in the oven whilst I stitched down the facing on my table topper! 

I bet y'all have been in that situation before, haven't you? Where you feel like you absolutely must finish it, and then you hop up and down happily when it's done? (Grin)

Well, here it is! 


It would have been pretty on a green tablecloth, but I just rolled with what I had. You can see the quilting pretty well here - nothing fancy like Amanda did, just outline stitching for the most part. If you would like to see some wonderful stitching on one, check out this link and see what she did to quilt hers (it's gorgeous!).

I wanted an outdoor picture, so here is one:


And just to prove that I actually DID finish it (oh, you doubter, you!) here is a picture showing the back with the facing and my label:


I'm linking up today with the party over at Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge -- what a motivator that has been for me, on several projects! 

I have some more of those lovely pieced charms from the Flora pack, and the gears are turning on another project for them . . . in the meantime, won't you leave me a comment and tell me about a time that one of your projects went "right down to the wire"? 

Love,


19 comments:

  1. Ha! Every year at Christmas I swear that I'm ladder stitching the opening on a stuffed animal in the car on the way to the celebration and I've bought a gift bag to stuff it in! I love your Easter decor though! Maybe I should work on one for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out sew pretty!

    Roast chicken..... THAT'S what I want to add to my shopping list! Sounds delish!!

    Love and hugs,
    Thing I

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am forever running around at Christmas time to finish gifts. And every Dec 26th I say I will get an early start. Thirty plus years of crafting/quilting and I have not changed. Thanks for the heads up on Amy's Challenge...something I need to join.

    Your table topper is adorable. I thought it looked cute on the blue, but your right, once you placed it on the grass, everything popped.

    blessings, jilly
    visiting from sew we quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmm I agree with the roast chicken idea!! The table topper is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to say, but I am a 'ahead of the gang' finisher - I like to be able to sit back and relax and enjoy the holi-daze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just finished embroidering a card that has to be in the post tomorrow...does that count!?!?!?!? LOL. Glad you got it finished in time, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's adorable! Congrats on getting it done on time. I'm usually one holiday behind on my sewing...at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so sweet...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gorgeous!!!! I love you label too =D And just in time for Easter =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right down to that wire is just a bit too close for comfort for me...I just save it for the next year. Your table topper of Easter eggs turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is great! I am a down to the wire. I hate to be that way though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Easter basket with the extra eggs. Wonderful job!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! It's just lovely, and the back, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Downright gorgeous...way to go ....it is lovely..Amanda would be proud....
    Love the idea that you can flip it....way smart

    ReplyDelete
  15. everything I do is right down to the wire girl. Petty pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you going to share your design with us? I hope so it is so great.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)