Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail . . .


You may remember my post about sewing along with Amanda Murphy on the Easter table topper. You can see the different steps to constructing this cute project here, here, and here

This has been really fun -- first of all, I'm working with Flora, by Lauren and Jessi Jung, for Moda -- what's not to love? Gorgeous, sumptuous colors, evocative of Old World fabrics . . .




(All of these images are from our fabulous sponsor, the Fat Quarter Shop.)

Ahem. 

'Scuse me while I mop up my keyboard. I tend to drool when looking at these fabrics, and I have some right here close by. (Grin)

I have cut my wedges from the Curio fabric, and I showed you the pieced charms that I cut the eggs from; now it's time to show you some of the wedges with the eggs applied!


I think they're so cute! Now, I don't have a machine with all of the bells and whistles that Amanda has, but there are some decorative stitches on my lil' Brother (that I love with all my heart) and this was a good opportunity to try them out!  See what you think of these --- and please be kind, OK? I did try these when I first received the machine from my loving sister, but since then, not as much.  So, some of them surprised me, and the needle went in the opposite direction of where I expected!

 There are a few "skips" in this one, but overall, it's a keeper!

I like how this one turned out!
This fabric has leaves on it, and the stitch makes leaves, too!
Kinda hard to see this one, but since it is subtle, it lets that fabric shine!

Well, there are twelve more wedges to make, on this bottom section of the table topper . . . then it's off to my stash to choose fabrics for the petals to go on top!

Happy sewing, everyone!
I'm linking up with the party over at the Shady Porch today! Check out all the fun links over there!
Love,


11 comments:

  1. Oh, I have a 'sampler' with all my machine stitches (and even with the settings changed from the norm) and any notations. Then I can just refer to that if it has been a while in using one of them. Usually try on scrap first before the real thing - jog the old memory. These look sweet and look forward to the whole project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look great!!!! I'm glad you decided to use the stitches on your machine. The eggs look so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them!!!! So flippin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they look adorable! What a great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be an adorable Easter table mat! Your eggs look gorgeous. I like the daintier open designs for the eggs better than the heavy looking satin stitched designs. Can't wait to see this completed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You decorative stitches look fabulous! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...oh my goodness that is wonderful! I love it and can't wait to see the whole thing put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. Love it. I've actually been hoping someone might start a challenge associated with using our fancy machine stitches. I know there are many on my machine that I rarely use. Love what you created with yours.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a really fun project!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)