Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Sunday Special

Hi everybody! I hope you are having a lovely Sunday --- hopefully it is a restful one! I wanted to show you something that I made just the other day . . . don't know why it took me so long to make it. Hmmm, guess I've been busy here at the Lilypad.

I won a kit over at Brooke's blog, Silly Mama Quilts, for a cute little pincushion. Brooke is one of the lively Quilted Fish team members --- personally, I am over the top in love with their projects and I would kill for love to get my hands on some Delighted fabrics, too! I've even got a guest post coming in January by one of their talented team, Jackie of Jackie's Art Quilts blog. Wow! You want to see some eye candy and some inspiration? Just click on those two linkies and visit Brooke and Jackie!  Go ahead - it will open in a new window, and then you can come back here!

Are you back now? OK, as I was saying, Brooke sent me a kit to make her cute bottlecap pincushion project, and I have not had a chance to put it together, till yesterday. Here it is:

Sorry about the lighting --- I am getting the hang of the macro setting, but lighting is a lesson for another day!
Isn't it the cutest thing? I have adapted it in a super-special-high-tech way for my sewing table . . .


My sewing table is a vintage metal top table, with wooden legs, so now my pins will be right where I can get them, and won't go rolling off the table!  It would have been nice if the magnet were color-coordinated, but hey, we can't have everything!

Thanks, Brooke, for a fun little project!

Hope you enjoyed this Sunday Special today.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! You finally made your pincushion and it's soooo cute!!!! Do you have any pink nail polish? maybe that would work on the sides of the magnet. I think it looks cute just the way it is though =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute little pincushion. I won one of those too awhile back but never did receive mine. I like how you added the magnet to use it that way. Great idea.

    My sewing table, cutting table, and desk in my sewing room are all 'vintage' old steel with formica top office furniture. I love that they are indestructible.
    I'll have to keep the magnet in mind. Thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)