Monday, December 19, 2016

Christmas time is quilting time!


Are you sewing with the pedal to the metal?


Are you finishing up some fabulous presents?

(This one is courtesy of Barb, at Bejeweled Quilts)

(This one is courtesy of Pink Penguin)

Take a deep breath.

Take a sip from your cup of eggnog.



Relax. It will be OK.

Take a peek at some lovely Christmas things from around the interwebs . . . you may see something that fills a stocking at your house!

Pinterest can take up a lot of your time, no? So much to see! I have a couple of ideas for you!


You might find this tutorial helpful, for a tea or coffee wallet to drop in a purse or pocket . . . you can use some of your scraps that will make it just right for that certain someone!


Or this tutorial for a table topper might fit the bill.


Got some family recipes you can share? Make a recipe book with a quilted cover, like this tutorial shows you how to do.

Hope these ideas help you in the home stretch of Christmas sewing!

Love,


9 comments:

  1. I made Stars! Holiday Stars from Poor House Quilt Designs. And other things!

    http://yellowmoundquilt.blogspot.com/


    Will post more tomorrow evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made little fabric boxes and filled them with yummy candy. I love this post to help us with last minute goodness! Merry Christmas Snoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm enjoying this time of year, but also trying to sew pedal to the metal. Love your ideas for handmade gifts, especially the tea keeper.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and great ideas, although I gave up on the idea of made gifts this year as my day work became too busy!!! Perhaps next year and I will start in January. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun ideas and I know someone who would just love that tea and coffee wallet. Pinterest... LOL it is so easy to lose an hour or two there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of a tea wallet before. Sounds lovely for a tea addict like me :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Funny thing about the little tea pouch. I made a few and donated to our school for the kids to buy Christmas presents. My grandson came over last night with his gifts all wrapped up and guess what mine was, a little tea pouch. To funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Funny thing about the little tea pouch. I made a few and donated to our school for the kids to buy Christmas presents. My grandson came over last night with his gifts all wrapped up and guess what mine was, a little tea pouch. To funny.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)