Saturday, December 24, 2016

Merry Christmas to all!


In the midst of the wrapping paper, the thread and fabric, the tinsel, and the sugar cookies, can we stop a minute, you and I?

I won't keep you long.

I want to wish you a blessed, peaceful, and yes, a merry Christmas. Why?

Because this is a time of year when so many people are sad. Some are depressed because they won't get many presents. Some are sad because they can't afford to give many presents. Some are sad because there is someone special in their life who won't be around this Christmas -- perhaps because they are estranged, or perhaps that person has passed away.

They look around at the merriment and the mayhem and they sigh. It is for you, dear friend, that I want to pause and give you a virtual hug. If I could, I would wrap you in my softest quilt, and tell you that you are not alone; you are loved. Because that is what Christmas is really all about. It's about pure, unconditional, irrepressible, unbelievably awesome, self-denying love. The love that brought God to man.
 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
I hope that I have not offended you, gentle reader. I hope that you will have a merry Christmas. He knows what is in your heart today, and He's ready to fill your heart with the peace that passes all understanding. My Christmas wish for you is that you know Him, and that you know that He loves you, and me, and everyone.

Because that love is what makes my Christmas merry.

Love,





PS. For more Christmas thoughts, click here  or here and check them out!

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. God Bless you and yours this season and into the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that sensitive and lovely post about the love of God in Jesus Christ. You are so right about the sadness in so many lives at this time of celebration. I had to put a line through so many names on my Christmas card list this year. May God Bless you with a special time celebrating with your loved ones this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post, you brought tears to my eyes. Merry Christmas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post. May you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. And, never forget the best gift of all is simply time.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. some of us are depressed even though we will have some family tomorrow. Your warm quilt and hug helps. I know I am not alone and I have it better that a lot, but I'm just always blue at CHristmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. J- this is a beautiful and a wonderful message to share on Christmas Day. I know many people for who this is a difficult time. Christmas Blessings to you and your Loved Ones!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)