Monday, January 27, 2014

Ohhhh, so tempting!

Hi there!

(Sidles up close)

(Looks around, to see if anyone else is near)

We're all quilters and sewists here, right?

(You nod and smile.)

Well, ya know how it is . . . ya have these fabrics that caught your eye a few years back. Actually they sang a siren song to you, even knew your name.
Before you knew it, those fabrics were in your hands, and you were overcome by the color, the feel, and the creative urges and new designs that danced in your imagination.

Well, that's how it is with me, anyway. (Grin)

Take a peek at these lovelies:





Be. Still. My. Heart.

These babies have been waiting patiently for me. Each time I think about a new project, they sing softly and remind me they are here.


Sometimes I take them out and show them some love, but I have never been able to bring myself to use them. Not yet. But now I think it's time.

My new design is a super way to showcase these, and still have enough left for a quilty project later!


By the way, in case you are wondering, these are some Kona Bay Asian fabrics that are definitely drool worthy!

I'm trying to find time to work on this, and put together a tutorial for you. Been hard lately. There are these things called bills that keep popping up in my mailbox, and these people that expect them to be paid. So, Heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to work I go. But I will find time to play! (Folds arms, looks determinedly at you) I promise!

Love,


15 comments:

  1. Hey Snoodles, love the fabric. Know what you mean about work and play, sometimes the play gets forgotten!!!!! Hope you get some time. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you nailed our love of fabric, I have a few packs of my own that whisper and sing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, those sing to me too. I am so glad I didn't see them where I could get my hands on them or I would have probably bought more. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome bundle of goodness. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so very lovely!! I have (had) some of these wonderful Kona Bay Orientals - they are so rich and have a great hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful-I love the purple one
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you get time to 'play' soon! AND hope you are staying warm in our 15-20 degrees below normal temps!!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my stinking gosh.....I think I had a hear attack.....such wonderful fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! I have some fabrics that I take out and look at and then put up. Someday I will use them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo! You know I'd love these pictures and I'm betting that I have quite a few of those fabrics myself. I can't wait to see what you've been up to with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous fabrics. I look forward to seeing what you create with them.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)