Friday, January 17, 2014

I'm sorry, but . . .

UPDATE: Please read this and then read all of the comments! It seems that this may be a scam, so please protect yourself!

Recently I have been receiving requests to become "friends" with some special peeps. I know that they are special because I recognize many of the Lilypadquilting followers by name or by alias.



But dang it, I just have so much on my plate!
(Now I'm hungry!)

When I click on their request, it takes me to a page where I need to jump through some more hoops, apparently signing up for something new to me.

(Deep breath)  I know I need to embrace technology. I know I am an old fogey, and I have put OleFrogEyes on Facebook, and I "do" Flickr, and I struggle valiantly to blog in between stints at making a living.....

But it's gettin' hard to keep up, folks.  I know there are "circles" and "hangouts" and cool things to do on the interwebs, but I'm stretched pretty thin right now!
Not to mention the fact that I value a certain amount of anonymity . . .  (you have noticed that I blog as "Snoodles," right?).  (Wink)
To those of you who have reached out to me and I've not yet responded . . . PLEASE EXCUSE ME!!

I hope that I will not lose you as a follower, or offend you. I hope that you will continue to visit and enjoy the merriment and mayhem that we dish out here at the Lilypad.

But please don't ask me to sign up for anything more! (Grin)  I'm doin' my best to post often enough so that you don't forget who I am!

Oh, and I'm auditioning some pretty fabrics and will be posting a new project soon . . . maybe you'll join me and we can make it together!

Love,



21 comments:

  1. I have been getting a bunch of those lately, too, from bloggers I recognize but from a website I do not. I think they are spam and I am also rejecting them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting lots, except Google Chrome. But, what you said...my sentiments exactly! Flickr, Facebook, and a Blog....and I don't even facebook much. And that's it! I'm even considering choosing between Flickr and Blogger. I want to play and share, but I really don't need to share in so many places that it takes time away from play. Play time is a precious little amount each day as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! I have also had requests, and I agree with everything you have said! I 'm stretched a little thin, but want everyone to know how much I value them. Thanks for saying all the right words...I may have to borrow them, giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been getting those silly requests too and I think its a scam! I noticed after accepting the first one I was sent to view some shocking images! So when I got a second request, so I started the accept process and spotted a little message to share to all my contacts!! Grrrrr... The first accept did a lot to help spread this nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten a request too and have no idea what ii is for either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been getting them, too, and checked it out. It is a scam and if you click on it and go through the hoops you end up sharing all your contacts from Facebook etc. Not such a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't do all those things anyway - so have ignored them all - yes, getting them too. Like Carol has enlightened us - scamming on the prowl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right there with you!!! I've been getting them from gmail, and that made me think they were legitimate. But I just don't want to join or sign up for anything else!!! I'm just deleting them when they come in. I hope no one gets upset, but I can't worry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get them too and I hope I don't offend anyone because I just ignore them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I finally started using Google + and I hate it. I don't use Instagram hardly ever on facebook. Isn't blogging enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always look to see if there are common friends and ask them. If they can explain who the stranger is, I may or may not accept!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We've all been getting them and as far as I know people haven't even been sending the request it seems to just happen automatically. Personally I've just been deleting them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't like that people can add me to their circles without my consent. As far as I can tell right now, Google plus is not doing me any good. I don't ever invite people to join anything, but I often receive requests. I feel the same way about them as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been getting them too but just deleting them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep, me too, I've deleted enough of them that they are now just going to my spam folder. I have enough of a battle with Google constantly trying to get me to sign up for Google +, I'm seriously thinking about deleting my gmail account, sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been passing them by, as well, for the very same reason. Not surprised to learn it could be a scam. Glad I didn't succumb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have gotten a few also. Then they will say Why won't you respond? I think some of them are for sure a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think its a scam too. People tell me they get the requests from me and I haven't sent anything to anybody and it asks you to create an account with the website? I have just been deleting them because I am suspicious.
    I hear yah! we can only be on so many social media platforms. If it's work, it's not fun anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been getting them too! I didn't think it was a scam but I never clicked further once I realized there were so many hoops to jump through. I am glad I read this because that makes me feel less mean for ignoring the requests. Thanks for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)