The eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month.....Armistice Day came into being because of the ending of World War I.
Now we take this opportunity each year to say, "We will not forget" to the men and women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice and also to those who serve in the armed forces now. We love you. We respect you. And we pray for you.
- They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
- Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
- They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
- They fell with their faces to the foe.
- They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
- Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
- At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
- We will remember them.
- They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
- They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
- They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
- They sleep beyond England's foam
- Lest we forget.
- (Ode of Remembrance, Lawrence Binyon)
Never give in - never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Winston Churchill
Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die. G. K. Chesterton
Take a moment today to thank a military member, or to express gratitude to a retired veteran. Let them know that they are appreciated ....not forgotten.