I'm still working on my Easter table topper, and I've changed the center, as promised. Instead of the cute bunny that Amanda used on hers, I decided to make a basket with more of the lovely eggs from Flora charms.
Here is what it looks like now:
I must apologize for the yellow tint to the photo....had to take it inside, since a thunderstorm was booming outside. Most inconsiderate of Mother Nature, but it couldn't be helped. Sigh.
I made a template just a little bit smaller than the eggs on the dresden wedges, so that they wouldn't overpower the little basket.
Here is a closer peek at it:
Here's the little egg in front, with more decorative stitches, like on the large eggs:
I'm working on quilting the topper, and then I'll decide whether to use a traditional binding, or use a facing as Amanda did on her blog.
I'm not sure which way to go --- those scallops could be tricky with binding, and the facing may be the easiest way to finish!
More progress to show you soon!