Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Sunday Blessing

Some of you may recall the "Destash for Malawi" effort that we hosted here at Lilypad in 2010. So many of you were so generous with your fabrics and thread that we were overwhelmed and honored to be a part of it.

I thought you might like to see some of your fabric (and thread) in action!


Click here to go to Anita's blog post about a group of women making dresses for the orphan girls . . . you might just see your donation there!  More of the fabric has been sewn into approximately 100 dresses in Michigan, and another group in Pennsylvania is making even more outfits for the children.  With hundreds of children to care for, these will be well used in Malawi!

This all happened because of the awesome, generous spirit of this virtual community. It's a blessing to me to see the results of our Destash. 

Thank you for helping, and have a lovely Sunday!

Love,


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see. i donated some thread and fabric. I was just thinking of this the other day when I saw the postcard they sent on my bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to marvel at the goodness of God, expressed through all the generous people in this endeavor. When people hear the story of how I 'acquired' all this fabric, they are in shock. They cannot believe how much I received and where it all came from...so thank you all again and again. It's getting there....to Africa, that is!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)