Monday, April 2, 2012

Farther Down the Trail . . .

Here are a couple of photos of my Easter table topper's progress . . .


This is a picture of the foundation for the topper. You saw these eggs in progress -- here they are, all completed, and the wedges in a circle, ready to sew together.

I am really liking how this looks, and I hope that you like the way I am "tweaking" the pattern. Amanda used embroidery on the inner petals, but I don't have a machine for that, so I am using a pretty stitch from my lil machine, and then I will put the applique in the middle.


Here's a close up of the stitching on the inner petals:


 (Uh, yes, I do see the stray threads needing to be clipped. Ahem.)

My daughter thought that all the Flora eggs were beautiful, so the center motif will be a basket and more eggs!


You may think I've been moving slowly on this project. Have you ever tried to sew or quilt with a frog in your sewing room? I mean seriously. Do you understand the havoc a young froggie can cause?


Padsworth was convinced that he could be of assistance on centering the outer flower petals on the wedges, and insisted on pulling his share of the applique over "just a little bit."

Then I turned around to catch him trying to snip those threads! 


I told him he was just too young to be handling those scissors . . . he isn't even a year old yet! He's just too stinking cute for his own good, you know? How do you discipline that lil face? (Grin)

Hey, if you want to try the table topper, all of the instructions can be found at Amanda Murphy's Design blog, and all of the templates, too. Just make sure that your studio pet is behaving! 

Love,


8 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful and would be perfect for the Easter table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO like what you are doing with it and your bits of tweaks to make it work for you. It's so far looking beautiful! Can't wait to see it complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!! The flora eggs are so fabulous - that is one of my favorite lines and oddly enough...I will be sewing with it today! Can't wait to see it all done and one the Easter Table :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stitching on the eggs, they look beautiful. I dont know what you are going to do with Padsworth when he hits the terrible twos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Flora egg!!!!!! It looks so pretty with all the stitches =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table topper is just so sweet! I'm jealous of your studio pet! I do have two chickens and a turtle....oops...I guess they are pin cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is just so cute...he steals the show!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)