Sincere thanks to Barbara of Cat Patches for recognizing me with the Versatile Blogger Award! I was floored to see her post, and I appreciate her passing the honor along to me. There are an awful lot of blogs out there, and to know that she enjoys reading mine (and that you special peeps do, too) means a lot to me.
This blog has not even marked its first-year anniversary, so I'm grateful to all of you that stop by and leave comments to encourage me along! I've made some lovely friends along the way, and that is the most valuable part of blogging - this virtual community is something very special. Thanks to all of you, and to you, Barbara!
Here are the rules that I saw on Barbara's blog:
1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Hmmm, seven things about me, huh? Let's see here . . .
1. I met my hubby-to-be in the library at college.
2. Moses, my studio cat, is eleven years young.
3. I would rather enjoy other flavors than chocolate - cinnamon,
4. At any moment you may hear in my studio: Beethoven, Bocelli,
Three Mo' Tenors, or Michael Buble.
5. Paper piecing makes me break out into a cold sweat of fear.
6. I love to make y'all laugh.
7. My favorite color is blue. No, this week it's orange. Well,
Now, this is the hard part . . . I have a lot of blogs that I try to follow daily, and that I truly enjoy. How can I only pick fifteen? Some of these may not be open to awards, but I'd like to recognize them since I value their inspiration and creativity very highly.
1. The Noble Wife - Jacquelynne is a wonderful designer, love her
fabrics and her sketches, and her paintings, and, and, you get the idea!
2. Jackie's Art Quilts - Jackie is an awesome artist, and has super ideas
for 3 D embellishments. Love her work!
3. It's so Kiki - Kiera is a talented designer, and is getting some
well-deserved recognition lately.
4. The Cuddle Quilter - Lesley is so busy - I get inspired by seeing all
the projects she is doing - and doing so well.
5. The Wild Cards - Jenny makes me laugh, and I love her re-purpose
6. Crafty Sewing and Quilting - Marcia is a talented quilter, and I love
seeing pictures of how she works her magic!
7. The Intrepid Thread - Julie shows us the most gorgeous fabrics, and
has wonderful giveaways and online sales, too!
8. Stitched by Sasha - I enjoy seeing Sasha's sewing and crafting - she
inspires me to try new things!
9. The Other Side of Me - Anita keeps me straight; her posts about her
in-laws inspired me to start the De-Stash for Malawi project.
10. Hillbilly Handiworks - Tonya would be my BFF if we lived closer.
The miles don't seem to matter, tho.
11. Miki's Fabric Creations - Miki is so talented...she got me started
"making" fabric from scraps!
12. Gene Black - Gene has awesome videos and tutorials - I've learned
a lot from him. And my sock monkey likes his sock monkeyette.
13. Em Celebrates! - Em rocks her blog with incredible applique and
free motion quilting, and dispenses wisdom, too! Love ya, Em!
14. Love Affair with my Brother - Sunni has a flair for fabric and color
choices that I want to have when I grow up.
15. Joy Denise's Blog - Joy is my favorite sis, born three years earlier
than me (to the day). She is my only sis, too! (Grin) She awes me
with her piecing and colors in her projects.
Well, there you have it. There are so many other blogs that I wouldn't miss reading, but I picked these to share with all of you. I hope you click on some of them --- you may find some new favorites there!
Thanks again to Barbara for honoring my blog with this award!