Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day! Announcing May For Me Bingo!

Since this is Padsworth's favorite day, and it only comes once every four years, it's fitting that we make a lot of fuss, and wish every one of you a 

Hoppy Leap Day!!! 

I also want to join my blogging buddies in announcing the May for Me Bingo Games!  There will be four blogs that share in this adventure:


                                      Vrooman's Quilts


                                      Hillbilly Handiworks


                                      Crafty Sewing and Quilting


                                      Lilypadquilting  (you're already here!)

Sharon, Tonya, Marcia, and moi will be your guides on this fun, month-long escapade. Yes, it will be in the month of May . . . but you have some work to do, in order to be ready!


We've given you plenty of time, so don't grumble and be a cranky-pants! Here is what you need to make:




Yes!!  It's your very own Bingo card, and it's made with fun novelty prints! You'll notice that the "B" row is all blue prints or a blue item, the "I" row is yellow, the "N" row has red (and the free square), the "G" row has green, and finally the "O" row has purple!


Here is the run-down on my card: 
"B" row (blue) gator,elephant,sheep,caterpillar,frog
"I" row (yellow) duck,blocks,flower,ladybug,ornament
"N" row (red) teepee,dog,ant,flag
"G" row (green) lizard,ball,dog,cherry,jackolantern
"O" row (purple) bone,fish,dragonfly,dragon,elephant


Pop on over to Sharon's blog (Vroomans Quilts . . . click right here and you'll be there in a flash) and she has posted all of the details --- including a tutorial on how to make your own Bingo card.


You have lots of time to beg squares from your quilting buddies, er snitch them while they aren't looking, er pull novelty prints from your stash and some of you might even win some squares from Marcia at her blog!   Tonya will be giving you the rules of the game at her blog.  Be sure to hop to all four of the blogs at the links up there today, and enjoy the start of our May for Me 2012 bloghop!!


Now, I hesitate to mention this, but Padsworth is nudging me and telling me to say, "There will be giveaways, and even a grand prize!"
And this grand prize will truly be grand --- Green Fairy Quilts is sponsoring a lovely jelly roll of Tend the Earth by Deb Strain . . . feast your eyes on this beauty:



Oops! I really should have sounded the "drool alert" warning on that one, shouldn't I? (Grin) Padsworth is such an enabler, isn't he? He wanted to make sure you saw it!


Have fun hopping!!
I'm linking up today with The Shady Porch "Rock and Share" party!

Love,




11 comments:

  1. How cute I think I am in and making more then one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be sooooo much fun! Everyone explained their parts and other parts so well! It was fun to hop around and get the whole story! The May for Me Celebration is going to be so delightful! Bring on SPRING!
    Love you Bingo Square --- I see Padsworth too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just getting to reading some blogs - my mail box is flooded! Thank you sweetie, and I'll get to the other gals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such fun! I'd love to participate but I'm so rusty on my sewing...who knows I may surprise myself! I look forward to seeing them all! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like fun... maybe... but can't make one now too many other commitments! Remind me later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be fun - need to find some great eye spy blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun project! Once I started I couldn't stop! I read about the adventure yesterday and my BINGO card is done AND blogged about!
    http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2012/03/may-for-me-bingo-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still TRYING to get all my squares figured out and going to try to get them sewed up today............BTW....do we make just one card for the games or can we enter more than one? (Coming from someone who is trouble coming up with the one??... grin)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got your card all logged down and ready to go. Yippee you are number 50--that's a good sign for me. I'm over halfway done. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)