Monday, September 21, 2020

Southern Star blocks

The next block in our Summer Moon journey is what Carrie calls the Southern Star. This is a beautiful star block, and was very easy to construct. It's 90% half-square triangles, and the other 10% are just squares!

It's fun to play with the placement and decide if you want total scrappy happiness, or if you want it a bit more controlled . . . 


I decided I liked that last arrangement the best, so then it was time to sew up all three!


The next block will be the Checkerboard, and I will have some construction tips!

Till next time,



2 comments:

  1. I too like the layout you chose for the stars. You have a nice mix of orange fabrics. I can’t wait to see all these blocks together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)