Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Working on those blocks....


Remember that?

Over 150 HSTs and 75 (or was it 85...) four-patches. Oy!  Got them all ironed and squared up!

Wanted to show you the cute ruler I got to do them all with -- this made it so much faster! I'm usually slow to jump on the "buy this ruler" bandwagon, but boy, am I glad I got this one!

It's from our pal Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet (you remember the blocks we've made in her series, right?) and it was oh, so useful.
First of all, I needed to trim these blocks to 4.5 inches square, so the Cute Cuts Trim It 4.5 was just perfect. 

Secondly, it Never. Once. Slipped. Seriously.

It has something on the back that keeps it safe and secure so that you can trim two sides and then trim the other two -- and it doesn't wiggle, er move, er, try to escape!

So, if you would like a recommendation, click on that linkie and grab one while it's on sale!

(I'm supposed to tell you that the linkie there is what they call an "affiliate" link, and your price won't go up if you purchase, but I may earn a commission so that we can keep the party going here at the Lilypad!)

Now that the blocks are all squared up, it's play time!!


Sew much fun! 
I'll admit to doing some fiddling here, cos I want a "controlled scrappy" to ensure I don't have duplicates side by side.

Once I get some laid out, I'll piece them and show you more!

Stay tuned!

Love,


2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking great! I love this layout for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure what you are up to with this quilt design, but I like what I see and I definitely understand the “control” part!

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)