Thursday, February 16, 2017

More blocks!

Hi everybody!
I wanted to show off some of the fabrics that I'm using in my Jacob's Ladder blocks . . .
Many times, we quilters are a little "bamboozled" in our choices of color and print, value and contrast.
I'm hoping today's post will encourage y'all to follow your instincts. Let me explain . . .


There are five blocks in that picture, and they are created from totally different fabric lines, with different styles.


Those greens? The apple design is from Jacquelynne Steves' "Fruitful Hands" line, and the green dot is a Mary Engelbreit!
I put them side by side and they played well, so they went into a block!


The block with the red print is a Pat Sloan print from her "Hometown Girl" line . . . it goes really nicely with these in the picture below:


These are more from my Mary Engelbreit stash, with the really pale blue in the bottom left being another "Hometown Girl" fabric. The point I want to make is that we don't need to agonize over our fabric selections. I'm preaching to the choir here, because I was so hung up on this issue that I had trouble doing anything in combinations, unless they were all from the same fabric line, from the same designer! (Grin)

Be adventurous! Choose things that look good to you, and that make you happy!
Our hobby is a wonderfully creative way to craft beautiful things, so let's enjoy!

Love,



8 comments:

  1. They all look wonderful, and lime green with a dotted contrast is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I can use all the help I can get when it comes to color and values. Thanks for sharing your tips and inspiration.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find laying it out together and sometimes taking a picture of it together helps me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent. Since I started out sewing with scraps and random yardage, this has never been a problem for me. I have more of a problem trying to only use on fabric line or style,

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good together, you did good! That green can sometimes be hard to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fabrics are always all mixed up, it is very seldom I can tell you who made what fabric. I love your Jacob ladder blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good advise. My husband picks a lot of my fabrics and he has never been tied to a line. He picks things that have good contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like all your blocks. The colors go together well.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)