Sunday, January 22, 2017

Big stitching progress

Remember this quilt? 


It's the latest one from Jacquelynne Steves, and the Quilt Along just seems like yesterday!

I sandwiched it (turned some backing fabric over to the other side, to have it be a little more muted, the color seems to work better) and got out some of my beloved Presencia threads.


I'm using fairly large stitches as quilting goes -- some call it big stitching, and some have called it sashiko -- I call it relaxing!


I just love the fabric colors, and the colors of the Presencia . . . yummy!


I use a large hoop. I know some folks don't, but that's how I roll!

I will have to post again on this project soon, and show you the back -- it looks so cool!

Love,


13 comments:

  1. I am all for relaxing too...enjoy the big stitching. It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big stitching. Can't wait to see the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have considered quilting a quilt that way, but I am afraid I would never finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and the big stitch makes it even better. I always used a big hoop when I did hand quilting, I think it makes it so much easier to be able to see and sew larger areas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I have some 12 weight thread I could use. What are your plans for the big squares? Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, your settings are on no-reply, so I needed to answer you here. :) I'll have to note which size I'm using in the thread....and I'm doing some free-hand work in the big squares!

      Delete
  6. Yes I do remember this beautiful quilt. I love your big stitch quilting on it. It seems perfect. I'm impressed with anyone who hand quilts. I'd never get a quilt done that way, so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks pretty, Jacque. I use a large hoop too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt and what a perfect way to quilt it. The hand free-motion quilting with Prescenia thread is just going to compliment the quilt perfectly.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely threads that go so well with your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the idea of big stitching with matching colors. Most I have ever seen was all red!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great, I love the big stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)