Friday, November 6, 2015

It's been quiet around here . . .

I know, right?

Things haven't been hopping like they usually are around the Lilypad.

Here is why:


And another peek:


I've been spending my evenings hand-quilting on the StarCakes quilt. (Days are spent earning a living, but that's another story.)

For me, it's not about putting ten stitches in an inch, but doing "big stitch" quilting in the ditch around many of the pieced blocks, and some decorative motifs in the blank spaces.

Pass the NSAIDs, won't you? Maybe my hands will last long enough to get this done . . .  (grin)

See you soon,


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that. Big stitches always add so much more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good! I've only hand quilted one quilt, but I think I'm going to hand quilt the newest stitchery I started...she says, months before she finishes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's looking great. I hope the wrist hold out till the end. I have a plan to hand quilt one of my quilts next year and it will certainly be done with big stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Like Barbara, I also only hand quilted once. My hands were not happy!
    Your stitches are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see this whole quilt. I love batiks! Your hand stitching looks perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks pretty so far. Good luck with the hand issue. Mine couldn't take that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beau idol hand quilting!! I love this sritchpattern😍

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)